Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Easy Banana Bread Recipe

It never fails. I buy fresh fruit or vegetables, we're gone from the house during meal times, and they inevitably go to waste. I hate when I've spend hard earned money on something just to throw it away. It seems to always happen!

I bought a bunch of bananas with every intention of making a smoothie for breakfast every morning while I was at home. I made one. I was opening the lid to the trashcan today about to toss those {almost} rotten bananas when a light bulb went off- BANANA BREAD! We hadn't eaten breakfast yet and this would be the perfect surprise for Justin- he loves banana bread. I'm not a bake at breakfast kinda girl, so he wouldn't be expecting it.


I got this recipe from my mother-in-law way back. It's pretty much a no fail recipe.

Ingredients:
3-4 really ripe bananas (mashed)
1 c.sugar
1 stick margarine (softened)
2 eggs
1/4 c. oil (I used vegetable)
2 c. plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, beat together sugar, margarine, eggs, and oil. Add mashed bananas. Mix until combined well. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture.  Mix well.

Pour mixture into a greased pan. I used two loaf pans, but you could use a muffin pan or another pan of your choice.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.


Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee!




No comments:

Post a Comment